Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dancing Fool

         Almost one year after Ava's dance solo, I get a random email that this is my last chance to purchase action pics that were taken at the competition. Not the greatest ever pictures, but they were only $4 for a 5x7, and I did not yet have my new amazing camera yet. So I thought, why not?






         This year Ava signed up for a cheer babes class and tumbling. The cheer class was small from the get go, but after only three months, Ava is the last "man" standing. Everyone has dropped the class, and her teacher is sweet enough to continue teaching Ava solo lessons for the same price. So here we are getting ready for our next solo. It still amazes me that this little gal is willing to get up there all by herself and shake her thing in front of so many people!She will be performing on Friday, April 29th at Roy High School. I will not have a time until about one or two weeks before, but anyone is welcome to come. For those of you who can't, I will be posting my own fab pics and a video.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Well worth the money spent. She is adorable. I too am amazed she is not only brave enough, but seems to look forward to performing in front of the crowd. Of course, count me in. I will be there!

Ang said...

Those pictures are so cute! Of course with your fab camera I will expect amazing action shots for the next one!!

Me and Nate were just commenting Friday night how remedial the cheer team is at Lexi's highschool compared to what we remember at Davis... Ava, at her age, is just as good as any of these girls. It is funny here though, because girls play so many sports they don't have one cheer team all year round. Instead they have 3 seasons of cheer that coincide with the 3 sports seasons, so you can play soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter and cheer in the spring (or if you are Lex, probably pick up field hockey). Kind of cool but you never get a really great cheer team because it is always changing.

It will be interesting to see if Liv keeps up with the tumbling long enough to cheer in highschool or not. I hope so because after all the money we have put into gymnastics, dance and tumbling between the two girls one of them needs to stick with it!!

Can't wait to see video highlights and pics of the next solo!

Steph Thompson said...

When we have gone to the cheer clinics at the HS, it is pretty sad now days. I'm not sure if its the school, or if thats the way that cheer is now. From what I've seen it's a bunch of girls just standing around! That's cool that Lex tries so many things! I always go back and forth with thoughts of "sticking with things". On the one hand you have to stay with something to ever get good enough, on the other maybe it's better to always try new things. Who knows!? From what it seems like now, any real sports here are the comp teams, even dance and cheer. The school sports leave a lot to be desired. But, we've got about six years for all of that to change!

~Cynthia~ said...

Very cute pictures!

Jen said...

Work it, Diva, work it!