Sunday, January 23, 2011

What we've been up to...

Ok, we all know that I've been back on line for a while, and yet I continue to slack. So here is a random post of some of the things that we have been doing for the last little bit. We went over to the school to play in the snow. The first obsession was to clear all the snow off of the ice under the playground.
The "best method" was to lick a small amount of snow, melt it in your mouth, spit it out, and then rub the spit into the snow on the ground. Needless to say that got tiring and they were running out of spit. So we moved on to bigger and better things. There is a small hill on one side of the field that was great butt sledding.

Yes Ashlyn is bawling. She spent the entire time crying because she was scared and the other girls wouldn't go down with her. When I gave them the "5 more times each" warning, she continued to cry. The best part was, that she was going so slow, that she had to use her feet to scoot forward! On her very last slide down she realized it was fun and then cried because it was time to leave. Sometimes you can't win!

On another day.....


They dressed in anything black that I owned, we made cup phones, and the played "Charlies Angels".



Can you hear me now.....
And we had a sleepover with Ava's friend Kambria. I bribed them to go to sleep by telling them I would take them swimming tomorrow...Well, I had to deliver. We picked up Kambria's little sister Averi and headed to Clearfield Aquatic.



And now I must go and and get the girls ready to go to horse riding lessons with our very own Denise!


6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Steph! I didn't know you were here! Welcome back.

Oh, Ash. The girl is a handful. But what a cute handful she is. LOL

Thank goodness you own a lot of black! I wouldn't be able to outfit 3 kids with what I own!

You guys are super parents to say the least. I don't know how you keep up!

Ang said...

Laughing my butt off about the sledding... little shits!! I swear any time we have fun ideas to entertain the kids, it goes to Hell in a handbasket.

Do we dare to dream that we will get somewhat regular updates from you slacker!!

Jen said...

Yeah for Steph! I knew you could do it. It just isn't that hard to give us an update every now and then, is it. :-)

I thought that was classic Ash on the sledding thing. That girl spends her whole life being afraid!

~Cynthia~ said...

So fun to see what you've been up to. Always fun to see pictures of those cute girls!

Grandmajoann said...

No wonder you don't post more often, You don't have the strength. I am exhausted just readng about what you have been up to! Keep up the good work tho, it is fun to see those girls!

Matt-n-Jef said...

You all are having too much fun.. and belated Happy Birthday..