Monday, February 7, 2011

The Valentines Box







Ok, honestly this post is for Angela. She had the awkward pleasure of talking with me on the phone while I was at Michael's Craft Store. We got the dreaded flier that kids get to make their Valentines boxes at home.....what?! So I have the wishful thinking that I am going to walk into the craft store, and they are going to have "basically made" boxes. NO! I was so wrong! I wandered aimlessly and frustrated through the store, getting hostile towards poor Ang. I bought a bunch of random stuff finally, I was not happy with anything that I got. Well I have to say....BOO YAH, I rocked this box! So here it is, I'm not going to lie that I am pretty impressed with myself (and Ava's help).

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

It is very pretty! Was the point of this box to have mom make it or the kid make it? LOL You may have been un-necessarily frustrated! LOL

I am SOOOOO happy to be done with these kinds of crafty nusance projects.

Ang said...

And this will go down as the greatest valentine's box every made! Hahaha... it turned out awesome, I wonder who is going to become a regular creative cat now? And next comes labeling all the damn valentine cards for the class!!

Steph Thompson said...

It's always the frustration of not wanting to really be the one to do it, but knowing that someone else's mother is going to go way over board and then your kid is upset because theirs is white trash. I guess it was all worth it this morning when the whole class was ohhing and ahhhing over it when we walked into class. Ava was beaming! How about also a little shout out to myself for three posts in a short time period! WOOO WOO

Jen said...

That box rocks! And we are all impressed that you are back on the blog.

Sheryl said...

We are totally impressed with both the box AND the fact that you are top blogger again. It's nice to have you back!

Ang said...

WOOO WOO for being on the blog beeahtch!!

~Cynthia~ said...

Very cute box. I am so glad those days are behind me. It is so much easier when they just make them at school.

Celeste Ferguson said...

Steph!!!
Nila told me she ran into you!! (And gave me your blog address) I have just wanted to see how things are going with all of you!! I miss you guys! Especially the girls! :) Hope all is well...I can't wait to read your blog! :)Send me your email address...and I will send you an invite to ours. :)
c2001d@hotmail.com
Hope Everything is GREAT!! :)
-Celeste
P.S.--
Love the box!