Saturday, September 19, 2009

Birthday fun and All thanks to Katie!

So the saga begins....
Katie has inspired us to ride our bikes! After watching her video...and the fact that I ran over one of the training wheels of Ava's bike when I was backing our of the garage...we decided that we were ready to try.

We went one Sunday after we got Ava from Eric, she was very nervous and Brian and I were both wearing flip flops which are less than ideal to run behind holding onto a bike! So we went the following Sunday and she did short bouts, but unfortunately no camera.

So, I promised her we would go after school the next day, her birthday, but being the great mom that I am..I had scheduled her a dentist appointment. After the dentist we took her to Olive Garden for her birthday dinner where she thoroughly enjoyed her spaghetti.

First I was feeling like our waiter was a loser and as much I kept telling him and then hinting to him that we needed to have people sing to her, I thought that he was never going to do it. But, he totally pulled through and not only did they sing, but he made her a wiener dog balloon! He got a good tip.

After dinner we went to a church parking lot and finally took video of riding our bike! Luckily it was only raining a little, not that the rain was going to stop her from getting her film debut anyways. And with the rain there was a huge rainbow that Ava thought was pretty cool.


The saga continues...
So naturally you can't have one bike and three kids. So we went to good old Wal Mart and got two new bikes. Here are two of the three proud owners and their bikes (because Ash could not hold still for a pic).

We went back to the parking lot and we learned how to ride! Here are the new bike riders! Thanks for paving the way Katie!



7 comments:

Ang said...

Aunt loser of the year, I completely forgot my little diva's b-day, damn it! I have no excuse, I just feel awful....I am NOW puting birthday's and reminders in my calendar.

Ava is looking more and more like you every time I see a new picture of her. She is so grown up looking, even in her mannerisms.

Bikes times 3 is insane, I don't know how you guys can keep up with it all!

Sheryl said...

You guys seriously get kudos for parents of year! I really don't know how you keep up the energy with all three of those gorgeous gals.

Can you believe how quick they picked up that bike riding thing? They are amazing how fast they learn. It is so fun to have the video.

I particularly enjoyed seeing Ava's weiner dog. I does look a lot more mellow than our's, but I think ours have bigger beaks! LOL

Nate said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!!
I can't believe she is big enough to ride a bike. I certainly remember running behind the bikes and trying to make sure they don't crash. I "allowed" Liv to crash once and it set us back an entire year.

Steph Thompson said...

Luckily we have been watching Duck Tales a lot lately and so the first time they crashed I shouted "Nice crash Launch Pad McQuack!" Ava got up pretty quick from her crash, Grace wanted a little more drama. No worries Ang as I forgot Jo's bday and then even after I remembered and checked my dates with mom I didn't call her for two more days! I wanted to know where the hell my texts and or calls from my other sisters were to say "you do remember its your sisters birthday right?"
Unfortunately for the birthday wiener dog, it is swiftly losing weight without even being walked once a day!

Ang said...

I forgot that I did love the part in the video about her wiener dogs "beak"!

...and I put everybody's b-day in my calendar with a 4 day reminder alert...I have NO excuse now!!!

Jessica said...

Good job girls on the bike riding! I thought it was exhausting running behind one bike let alone three. Happy Birthday Ava!

Jen said...

Sorry Steph. I should have reminded you about Jo's birthday. Unfortunately even though I was totally prepared for Ava's birthday a week in advance I still forgot when the actual day rolled around.

P.S., I loved talking to Ava yesterday. That was the first phone conversation I've had with her where she didn't use a baby voice and where she actually carried on a real conversation. She's really growing up.

I also thought you might appreciate knowing that someone has their paws on my shoulders right now and she is breathing heavily into my ear.