Saturday, August 1, 2009

Latest updates



We did some smore making in our back yard. The girls have been wanting to go camping (minus Ash) but since we don't have a tent or sleeping bags, we figured this would be a good first step.

As mom already posted, we went to South Ogden Days. It's always so much more expensive than you planned! Next year wrist bands for sure!

After Grace and Ava went on their first four or five rides, we were afraid that this was the only "ride" Ash would be going on. So we thought we had better document it.

But once the girls started doing the smaller rides, Ash decided (with much coercing!) to give the kiddie rides a try.....then she didn't want to stop. Although you wouldn't know it by her facial expressions, does this look like a kid whose having a good time?


Other random things that have been going on....
The girls were all dressed up for a birthday party that Ava went to so I got some cute pics of them.

Connie continues to drag in the dead. Don't let her innocent look fool you!

She likes to find th dead baby moles. She also brought in the lower Half of a huge rat! The full rat was probably just about as big as she was! That one I could not bring myself to take a picture of, I was more concerned with freaking out at Brian to get it out! For the next week we wouldn't let Connie lick any of us because she had "rat butt mouth".

We have been trying to sell Brian's Range Rover. So we've been cleaning it up. Every time that we do clean up, we are surrounded by wasps. Brian has sprayed all over Rover, but they keep coming back! Last weekend Brian was working on it while the girls were in it playing road trip. Suddenly they are pointing out of the drivers side window to a huge wasp nest in the tree directly over Rover! How we missed this I do not know!


And here is Connie doing wipies after a bath. I know that Denise will especially appreciate this!

9 comments:

~Cynthia~ said...

Love to see the updates from your house. Looks like there is never a dull minute. Loved all the pictures, except maybe of the dead stuff. The girls are just as cute as ever. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jen said...

Ha ha! Your little purse dog drags in dead rats, while my big ol' coonhound drags in apples. I think I got the better end of the deal. You do have to enjoy a dog doing wipies, though.

Nate said...

The girls are beautiful (including Connie). I can't wait to finally see your yard and house because the area looks beautiful. I also really like the idea of "camping" very close to home. If that is not enough for the girls, you should look into Girl Scouts. Liv is going on her 2nd campout on August 15th.

Thanks for giving us an update. We miss you!

Ang said...

First of all, your animal is CRAZY!! I would be freaking out if the dogs were bringing in dead animals... a half of a rat! What a devious little animal, she is so stinking innocent and sweet looking.

Secondly, Ava's face has really changed since I was up for your wedding. She looks so grown up it was a little startling to me. The picture of all three of the girls together before their B-day party was gorgeous. Three little blondies, way to cute!

Sheryl said...

Good update. Thank you for finally getting to it. I love new pictures of the girls.

I am not too thrilled with Connie Frances's penchant for all things dead. I don't think I would deal with it as well as you do. Any part of a dead rat would freak me out beyond anything.

I do, however, enjoy the beasting around after the bath. THAT is hilarious!

Sheryl said...

Oh, and by the way. That is a very large wasp nest. And, I HATE "rat butt mouth". EEwww

Jessica said...

That wasp nest was a little scary, I dont know how you missed it either. The pictures of the girls were adorable!

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun post! I loved it. The girls are changing and so darn cute! It was fun watching the dog doing wipes......And, you, are still beautiful as ever.

Denise said...

OMG your animal is nasty ha ha! She is hilarious. I absolutely appreciate wippies.

Ava seriously looks exactly like you it is so freaky to me.