Monday, September 22, 2008

Return of the King

I know, I have been majorly slacking! However, I am hoping that this super post will begin to redeem me! So I will begin with Ava's B-day. We went to Classic Skating, I am always amazed at how many people do not RSVP to a party! Anyhow, I pretty much chose Classis Skating for myself!Mom also got in on the action!No I am NOT too big! It was pretty fun, of course there are always a few whiners at every party...Fact: Jennifer IS crying after hurting herself. Fact: I am faster than Jennifer (as she is the black bear and I am the brown bear) Fact: One of the little girls that came likes for me to hold her, she is the same way everyday that I drop off Ava to school. She wanted me to hold her the entire party, after about 15-20 minutes I told her that I could not carry her and hold her anymore. At this point she started to limp and cry. So I took her to her mother. Her mother immediately started freaking and got her an ice pack (even after I explained the situation). She then proceeded to keep her home from school the following Monday and took her to the doctor. There was no bruising or swelling and there was no x-ray done, but since she was still limping her mother was pretty sure that she had a bone fracture or a really bad sprain. Whatever!
Note that Ava was refusing to look at the camera for ANY pictures!
So....I began to get crafty and found other things to take pictures of, I thought that this womans dress was stunning!
Note the blonde woman to the left. At first I tried to be stealthy and pretended to take a picture of Brian....Then I got more bold.











What you can't tell from this picture is that the back is about five inches shorter than the front. She is also wearing green eye shadow, lovely gold shows, and festive jewelry to match. I couldn' t help but tell her how much I loved her outfit, I believe that my exact words to her were "to die for". She was thrilled!

8 comments:

Ang said...

Oh I am so excited for our birthday fun in a week or so here! I have no idea what to do about Liv's party, I am hoping we can just do it at home and lock them in the basement with cake for an hour and call it good. I mean entertain the crap out of them, make a huge mess and then clean up!!!

It kind of looked like the grown ups may have had more fun than the kids. If I ever see you or mother on a kiddie merry-go-round again I'm gonna smack you!

Sheryl said...

You will never see me on a kiddie merry go round again. I rode one full cycle and was sick to my stomache. I prefer the bucking horse. These pictures do not begin to tell the story of how much fun the grownups had at the party. It was the best time I have had in a long time.

DHS Child Care Center said...

I don't appreciate this title. You are not the King, you are the Weakest Link!

Steph Thompson said...

I am the KING and therefore I will ride a kiddie merry go round whenever I please! Take that!!!

Nate said...

Well Frodo...in my opinion Sam Wise was the greatest of all Hobbits.

I have to say...I have been to Classic skating about 10 times for birthdays and playing with the kids...and although the kids love it; I have not enjoyed it once. It sounds like you guys had more fun than the kids.

Sheryl said...

We did have more fun than the kids. I believe that Jen and I were instrumental in the deflation of one of the larger blow up toys. They had to put new blowers on it. We ROCKED!

Jen said...

We had a freaking GREAT time! Nate, you actually have to get up off the picnic bench and go for it. How can you not have fun when you are crawling through hamster tunnels, sliding down giant slides, and jumping on - er, deflating - blow up bouncy things?

Steph Thompson said...

Nate, I do NOT appreciate the hobbit comment! You know how I feel about Frodo! And it is a blast. When you are at the top of the bouncy slide and you jump before you slide, you will bounce the whole way down! It ROCKS!!!!