Monday, September 22, 2008

Pergatory

If you couldn't guess from the title, I am talking about work! To sum up what has kept me from blogging....I have been on the job hunt. Mikey decided to cut my hours down to 30 hours a week, because he is broke! I had two bounced paychecks and a week where I got paid a week late. After he cut my hours, I told him that I would be looking for a new job. The next day he gave me a dollar raise, go figure! We then have been having more wonderful dinner workshops! Well at the last one, I managed to lose my keys. Fact: I do not own a spare key. Fact: Once you have a new key made, your car will still not start without the keyless entry to turn off your car alarm that p.s. does not go off when window is broken. So after searching for my keys for 30 minutes, we proceeded to try to break into my car. I have to say that watching Mikey try to use a hanger to unlock my doors was one of the best things I have ever witnessed! I wish that I could have videoed it! Instead I was at least able to take a picture of the crack that I somehow managed to shove my entire arm through...past the elbow!I don't think after seeing this, that it is hard to see that my arm was stuck! The next day I did have a nice bruise on my forearm and above my elow. These however did not picture well.
Moral of the story.... do not lose your keys at a dinner workshop 1) You are stuck with Mikey for an extra hour 2) You are willing to do impossible things to try to escape 3) He will threaten to make you pay to replace the work locks as your work key is on your key chain!

6 comments:

Ang said...

I hope to God I never have to experience a dinner work shop!

Have you heard from the bank yet?

Sheryl said...

Did you ever find your keys?

DHS Child Care Center said...

Of course the cheap skate will make you pay to replace your own key! He will probably charge you much more that the dollar it would cost to do it at Home Depot too.

Steph Thompson said...

Oh it would not just be replacing my lost key, it would be rekeying the office! Yes, my keys were turned in.

Nate said...

The only question I have is what do they serve at these dinner parties...because if the food is good, then maybe I could tolerate it.

Steph Thompson said...

Well here's the thing Nate.....The food is great. We have been to Roosters, Prairie Schooner, Ruby River, and Mandarin. So there is usually a choice of steak, chicken, or salmon. The bad news is we don't get to eat because he is too cheap! And we can't buy our own during the workshop because he feels it would look bad for us to be eating with the guests!