Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Job

Well just a positive update on my job.....We had a conference call with a doctor in Seattle that mentors clinics, since he has the biggest clinic like ours in the US. So Mikey was asking him how you close the people that say that they don't have the money right now. The Dr told him some really good advice. Mikey said, "so you don't ever tell them that if they don't sign up today, that they can't come back?" I have never met this other doctor, and I don't know what he looks like, but by the tone of his voice (the what the #$@% voice!) I can see his face in my mind as he said NNNNOOOO! Mikey replied "Really?" and he was genuinely baffled! So he asked again and got the dame response. He then asked again and the Dr told him "why would you ruin a future possibility?" and Mikey just said "Huh." I wanted to smack him! I really had to fight the urge to ask the doctor "So, do you ever tell people that don't sign up that they deserve their pain? Cause we do that a lot!"
Then, today, I almost got fired! One of the other girls did not make the reminder calls last night. he thought that it was my responsibility and screamed at me. Luckily one of the other girls told him that it wasn't on me, it was the other girl and she had reminded her to make the calls before she left for the night. So then he almost fired her. He then took us all into the exam room and screamed at us for a good 20 minutes! After that no one could do anything right in the day so he continued to be a complete ass (sorry, but that is the most appropriate word I could think of) for the rest of the day! He told us that he has no problem firing someone just to make a point. We had a client not show up at 3:00, so I called to see if they were coming, he said that his father-in-law had come in the week before and was treated very badly by the doctor and he wouldn't be coming in. Mikey was furious and yelled "I have never been rude to anyone!" It took everything in me not to pee my pants laughing right in his face! All I can say is that he is a great business man!~

11 comments:

Sheryl said...

This man is certifyable insane. I really cannot imagine how he managed to get through enough schooling to become a gyroproctor. It is obvious that if there were any classes on how to run a business, he was absent that semester. Not to mention he has no class and no self esteem.

I would have given my right arm to have seen the look on the mentor's face when he asked that 'tupid question.

Sheryl said...

OK, so I spelled certifiable wrong. Sue me!

Nate said...

Sheryl...you also spelled 'tupid wrong. Steph..it sounds like your job is very entertaining and that is really what counts. It is surprising that the "Doc" doesn't have more business sense, because I had a friend in school that was going to be a chiropractor and he said that a large portion of their training is in business, marketing and sales. Like Sheryl said, maybe he missed that semester.

By the way...Ang said you needed help posting a video. Call me and I will walk you through it. Love you!! Oh, and we need more posts and pictures out of you...you have been slacking and you're about two links away from becoming "The weakest link".

Jen said...

Good grief, the man is a freak! I am glad that his mentor has finally told him that he is being an idiot. Now that he knows that turning away future business is not a good business move, maybe his mentor could tell him that threatening to fire your staff every day doesn't really build office morale.

Steph Thompson said...

I do not want to be the weakest link! I will get on it. He probably thinks that office morale would be bad for him, as we might start a mutiny! Entertaining is a light way of putting it!

Ang said...

Our first clue that this guy was an idiot would have been the fact that he took 10 years to graduate from a Chiropractic school that normally with undergrad only takes 5-6 years.

This guy needs a seriouse slap to the ego and when he is down lets kick him!

Sheryl said...

Yeah, Steph forgot to mention that the very next patient was told "sign up now, or never" Clearly he doesn't get it.

Tilley/Booth said...

Can I just make an appointment under a fake name? I really need to witness all of this myself!

Sheryl said...

Jo, what an excellent idea! We should all make an appointment for the same day. We will go in and when he tells us we must make the commitment today, we will ask for a couple of weeks to get the money together.

When he says "now or never", we will all, of course, decline his excellent treatment. He will then tell us that we "deserve" our pain, and then we will say "oh no, I have heard that there is an excellent decompression clinic in Seattle, and the Dr. there is a very compassionate man. He is also willing to take payments". "I will have the money in a couple of weeks, and I will just take my business to him".

Mikey, YOU are the weakest link! Goodbye!

Denise said...

Working in an office can be so damn boring....but I tell you it is the most hysterical setting when you look back on it.

I didn't think there was a more disfunctional office than Clem's but this is coming close!

Steph Thompson said...

I do love the idea! However I don't think I could keep a straight face with someone I knew....we may have to go back to the nanny cam idea!