Thursday, July 17, 2008

Something Exciting!

Well I do have an exciting story that I forgot to share! I woke up to get ready the other morning and opened my closet door and my room started filling up with a really nasty smell. I didn't know what the smell was, but I knew it wasn't good. I sniffed around and couldn't figure out what it was, so I unplugged everything and left for work...as I was late as usual. When I got home that night it still stunk and was a little more potent. So when Brian came over I asked him if he knew what it was. He sniffed around and decied it was coming from teh water heater (you know the really creepy one in my bedroom closet! Those of you who have been to my apartment know what I'm talking about!). So he unscrewed teh fromt panel and much to our suprise it had been on fire inside. It had burned so much inside of itself that it had melted the wires in half! So, nothing makes you feel safer than ghetto water heaters! The good news is they came out the next day and replaced it while I was at work, this does make the closet a little bit less creepy, not much!

11 comments:

Sheryl said...

Good grief, that could have been horrible! Thank goodness the whole apartment didn't burn down, and for cripes sake, with anyone in it.

Nice to have a new one, I'm sure, but good golly.

Jen said...

Well it's nice to know that you live in such a high-class establishment. Perhaps you should consider a carbon monoxide detector just to be safe. I assume your smoke detectors work better than the one in my kitchen, but maybe you should check that out as well.

Steph Thompson said...

My smoke detector works so well that it goes off every time I shower! Yeah!

Ang said...

Well I am glad you will be alerted when someone is showering versus your closet being on fire.

To bad they couldn't enclose the dang thing when they replaced it.

Tilley/Booth said...

Maybe you should have come into my office this morning instead of the afternoon. We had a family come in (the ones who stole the hotwheels cars) when they left there was a stank smell of dirty diaper. As they had no very small children, I put a mask and some gloves on to got investigate. Nothing in the garbage can but in the drinking fountain was a small pile of BROWN SLUDGE? Maybe you could have detected that!

Eve said...

OK, can you identify the brown sludge? I mean, seriously, was it chew? I don't see how someone could poo in the drinking fountain without being seen!

Please make sure I NEVER drink out of that particular fountain.

Tilley/Booth said...

I don't know what it was but it stunk and it wasn't chew!

Nate said...

I can't remember Steph...is the water heater in the master closet next to the sink?? It may not be a bad idea to get renters insurance! We had it on our place in Farmington and it's like $86/year..and with the amount of clothes that would burn in your closet...it may be worth looking at!!

I don't know if you got the word that this is a competition...but either way, I would expect a lot more pictures in a blog created by our father and creator.

Sheryl said...

Nate has a point!

Steph Thompson said...

Take it easy! One I got rid of a lot of my clothes, and two I am working on the pictures. I have a lot of prayers that I am answering right now for a whole lot of ungrateful "children"! I will get on it!

Sheryl said...

I, for one, am praying that you have renters insurance.

Answer that, why don't you!